Monday, June 27, 2011

Time

The past two weeks have flown by in a blur.  My eldest went to Spain with the Study Abroad class from her university.  She'll be gone for 5 weeks.  The days leading up to her actual departure were crazy.  But it's all done now.  She made it there just fine and all is well.

My middle child will be starting college in the fall.  I keep telling him what he needs to get done in order to be ready to go when classes start (filling out and turning in an application, going to an orientation class, meeting with an adviser, etc.).  He tells me he will, but never does any of the things I have outlined for him.  So I have to take his hand and practically walk him through it. 

My youngest child has become a slug and only wants to sit in front of the television in the basement and play COD Black Ops.  He says that when he's not at work he wants to take it easy.  Fine.  But when I need him to do something, such as chores he's been responsible for for, well, almost his entire life, he balks. 

My husband is working 7 days a week, 10 hours a day.  I'm not complaining there; we need the money.

I am taking two summer classes at my local college.  Top that off with a visit from my very dear aunt.  She'll be here on Sunday and will stay with us for two weeks.  I'm really looking forward to her staying with us, but I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I want and need to do.

So...when will I have time to write?  I have oodles of stories and characters swimming around in my head, and no time to let them out. 

What do YOU do to create time to write?

1 comment:

  1. Set small goals. Perhaps at night when everything is done for the day sit down and put 500 words into your project. For example your blog post is 312 words. 180 more and you would be there. If you do this every night m-f. you will have 2500 words written. That is a good chapter or more depending. Three months later and you have 30,000 words.

    Myself, I have it a bit easier, right now my day job is writing and that is how I was able to crank out a 74,500 word novel in five weeks. However when I worked for Dell, night writing is when it got done. I would get home, eat and watch a show or something and in the hour or two before bed time, I would sit and write a tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete