Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Height of Frustration!

So....
Today I decided that I will make a book trailer for one of my book.  I began researching how this is done and I started to get ideas for how I want mine to look, things I want to include in a trailer, etc.  I spent a LONG TIME looking at images and videos online.  I finally chose something and downloaded the file.  Then I imported it into my handy-dandy application, iMovie.  Since then, I have been at a loss.  I can't edit or change ANYTHING in the imported file, and the site I downloaded it from assured me that it was, indeed, editable. 
So I will keep trying.
It's just so frustrating.
Maybe I should go for a ride in my car and listen to loud music or maybe I should call my BFF...
:)

2 comments:

  1. I think it depends upon what you mean by editable. Unless it was a Windows Movie file it should have been able to import into iMovie. At which point you can splice, lengthen or shorten the track.
    Though for your first version - you could just have your cover and you speak over it.

    Which is all I did for mine:
    http://www.thebloodturbine.com/2011/06/blood-turbine-volume-1-book-trailer-is.html


    Best Regards,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Mark! Thanks for the input. I think I have a few things figured out and am headed in the right direction. It seems I need to edit it in the same application it was made in, which is Adobe After Effects. I downloaded the trial version of AE, then had to try to figure out how to use it! I'm no stranger to editing, but Adobe AE is just INSANE!!! It's an application for professions - which I am not - but I'm learning as I go. It might take me a while, but I'll get it! I determined!

    ReplyDelete