Saturday, June 11, 2011

Laugh A Little

Ever had one of those days when you thought that if one more thing goes wrong, you're gonna go postal?  Sure, we all have.  Sometimes we have several "postal" days in a row.  I'm curious...what brings you out of your slump?  Do you go home, climb in bed, and pull the covers over your head?  Do you yell at someone else and bring on their "postal" day?  Do you have yourself a good cry? 

Here's what I do (not always, but this usually works).  I get in my car and drive with my music blaring.  It MUST be feel-good, upbeat music.  And I sing.  I sing my head off, and I don't care who's watching.  After twenty to thirty minutes of music and driving, I feel a ton better. 

Another thing that always works for me is laughing.  My best friend can always do the trick.  When I'm really down in the dumps or feel like Murphy's Law is out to get me, I'll call her.  We'll commiserate with each other and agree that the entire world is all wrong and we're all right.  If only WE ruled the world...etcetera, etcetera.  And we laugh.  Oh, my gosh, do we laugh!  I heard someone say once that laughing is like taking a little vacation.  That's so true!  Laughing will pull me out of my bad moods faster than anything.

Today, however, has been a pretty good day.  No need for anyone in my line of sight to duck and cover.  But, just in case you're having a bad day, I'll be posting some of my funnier true stories on here in the next few days.  Maybe, if you can't talk to your BFF, and you can't get your iPod to hook up to your car stereo, you can come here and get a laugh. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment